Just The Basics
Jazzing It Up
Different Poll. Different Formats
If you have submitted votes, cookies are now on your browser to prevent the user
from re-entering their vote. Click here to clear cookies and restore Entry mode.
(On your site, you can choose to use a database instead of cookies.)
We've done all the programming. Let your Web Designers play with the properties
to their heart's content to build a poll that attracts your users. Take a look at
the polls to the left and in the
Results Formatting Examples.
- Add template-driven headers and footers.
- The Vote and Results buttons can use images and hyperlinks if you like.
- Set the background to an image.
- Separate font styles are available for the question, answers, headers, footers,
and values on the graph
- The results graph is fully customizable.
- Show the total votes on both entry and results views.
- Use the RecentPolls control to let users explore the
results of recent polls.
- Show more than one poll per control or have separate controls showing different
polls based on the powerful categories feature.
- Redirect to a different URL when a poll is submitted. This allows a page that provides
additional topical data now that the user has taken some action.
- Use the poll as a mini survey and hide the results with a thank you message.
- Full Visual Studio design mode support
- Has a demo mode which allows you to set up the control without connecting to a
Many sites run several polls at the same time, changing them daily. The database
features of Peter's Polling Package make it easy to setup your polls so you never
have to edit the Poll web control itself to change polls.
- Support for Sql and OleDb connections. Includes a SQL script to define tables and
- Each poll supports as many answers as you want.
- Polls are date-based. You can set them up for a single date or any date range.
They automatically activate and deactivate based on the current date.
- Use categories to feature different polls throughout your web site. With categories,
you can programmatically retrieve a poll based on what you know about the user:
their location, interests, habits, etc.
- When the user submits a poll, it is tracked for usage reporting.
- Use either cookies or the database to remember that user has voted.
Complete Poll Administration Tools
Peter's Polling Package includes easy to use web forms to enter polling data
and review usage.
- The master poll list can filter by those yet to run, currently running, or already
ran so you can find the poll you are looking for quickly.
- The Poll entry page is polished to make it easier for your users.
- Quickly access an individual poll's results.
- The Usage Reporting shows how traffic has interacted with your polls. Use it to
enhance your polls for better returning traffic.
- Connect Peter's Polling Package to PeterBlum.com's Traffic Monitor product
to generate reports showing traffic by user.
- All forms can be customized to fit into your preferred look.
- Onscreen help is available.
- Supports ASP.NET 1.0 and up. Assemblies are compiled in ASP.NET 1 and work with
all later versions.
- Includes extensive step-by-step documentation to set it up.
- Includes several additional reusable controls such as the Bar used on the results
view and the bar graph shown in the Usage Report.
- Source code is available.
- Designed to be extendable through subclassing.
Pricing and Licensing
There are several ways you can get Peter's Polling Package.
Peter's Polling Package
Read the License Agreement
Trial Version -
The trial version is free. It is the full product with a license that expires in
Web Server License -
Covers one production (live site) web server. All non-production
servers including development and staging are covered once you purchase one Web
As you add servers to your web farm, buy more. Once you reach five Web Server Licenses,
you are automatically upgraded to a Site License!
Site License -
Covers unlimited production (live site) and non-production web servers. Choose this when you have 5 or more production servers.
Redistribution License -
If you are licensing your web application to your customers and it will be deployed on their servers, choose this license.
This license also covers all of your own production servers like a Site license.
- You can purchase the source code for $250 (US) in addition to any of the above
licenses through special arrangement. Please email Peter at
PLBlum@PeterBlum.com to make the arrangements.
Read the License Agreement for Source Code
Peter's Polling Package is only $50 (US)!
Start with better controls. Finish with better sites.