Posted on: 10/8/2005
|Professional Validation And More 3.0.3
NOTICE: Visual Studio.Net 2005/ASP.NET 2.0 Users
The ASP.NET 2.0 assemblies included in this release are designed for ASP.NET 2.0 Release Candidate 1 and later. If you use an earlier build, you must either upgrade to RC1 or use the VAM assemblies built for ASP.NET 1.x.
Any attempt to use the VAM ASP.NET 2.0 assemblies with an earlier build will result in errors preventing you from using any validators and adding these controls into your toolbox.
- The PeterBlum.VAM.Globals.Page.RegisterKeyClicksControl() method now supports mapping the function keys to buttons. Use values of 112-123 to represent these keys. Note that not all browsers support intercepting function keystrokes but IE, Mozilla, FireFox, and Netscape 7+ do.
- Diner's Club changed their credit card numbers. The vam.config file contains the updated numbering system.
- The CharacterValidator and CharacterCondition have a new property, Exclude. When true, the character set defined is excluded; all other characters are permitted. The NotCondition property has been depreciated on these classes because it doesn't set up the correct logic for exclusion.
- Better alignment and positioning of MultiSegmentDataEntry's cells within that control, especially on Opera 7+ and Safari.
- Continued improvements on displaying the spinners of numeric textboxes without absolute positioning, following up from the initial changes in v3.0.2. These controls now can avoid wrapping the spinners onto the next line on several browsers, using enclosing span or table tags.
- MultiSegmentDataEntry control uses the white-space:nowrap style to prevent it from wrapping individual segments to the next line when squeezed for space.
- v3.0.2 introduced an undocumented property called AutoAbsPositionMode on numeric textboxes. This has been depreciated. Use the new AutoContainer property instead.
- In design mode, when a validator has ErrorFormatter.Display=None, it now applies the styles of the ErrorFormatter.
- Import VAM Classes.exe and Convert Page to VAM.exe applications now detect read only files and prevent overwriting them. This helps when you keep files in a Source Control environment.
- When using the CalculationController with a ConditionCalcItem assigned to a condition object of type MultiCondition or CountTrueConditions, a NullReferenceException may occur.
- The CharacterValidator/Condition automatically uses character set properties on the FilteredTextBox, when attached. If the CharacterValidator did not have at least one of its own character set properties enabled, you would get an exception.
- In the ASP.NET 2.0 assemblies from v3.0.2, absolutely positioned validators would appear without their absolute positioning in design mode of VS.NET 2005. You couldn't even use the Layout; Position; Absolute menu command to work around this. There was no problem at runtime.
- In the ASP.NET 2.0 assemblies from v3.0.2, when using the Development Server that is built into Visual Studio 2005, design mode would not show any of the default images so long as their URL starts with "~/".